Coping with Chemo Hair Loss & Chemo Hair Thinning
Coping with Chemotherapy Hair Loss
Hair loss is a huge concern for many who go through chemo treatments.
In fact, the mention of cancer is associated immediately with chemo hair loss and hair thinning.
Hair loss can affect your self-confidence and make you feel vulnerable; losing your hair is difficult for many.
Hair loss is a side effect of a lot of treatments, but not all.
Some treatments are less likely to cause your hair to thin or fall out. Talk with your team of health care providers to understand what to expect with your particular treatment.
Tips to Deal with Chemo Hair Loss
To Avoid Faster Hair Fall:
1. Use a gentle, natural, and nourishing shampoo and conditioner. Avoid shampoo and conditioners full of chemicals and silicones.
2. Reduce the use of heat styling tools (dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc.). Let your hair air dry as much as possible. If you need to use a blow dryer, use the lowest heat setting possible.
3. Use a silk or satin pillowcase to reduce the amount of friction between your hair and the fabric.
4. Avoid chemical services (bleaching, coloring, perming, etc.). These services can be damaging to your hair cause your hair to break off.
When Hair Is Falling Out:
1. Your scalp may be tender or sensitive during your hair loss. Use a soft brush to reduce scalp irritation.
2. Some choose to get a shorter hairstyle because it makes it easier for them to manage under a wig. Also, shorter styles give the appearance that your hair is thicker because it doesn’t lay flat against your head.
3. Use a silk or satin pillowcase.
To Reduce Scalp Irritation:
1. Use a soft brush
2. Avoid chemical services (bleaching, coloring, perming, etc.)
3. Use silk or satin pillowcases
4. Make sure to cover your scalp with some type of head covering when out in the sun.
Caring for New Growth after Chemo:
1. Use gentle, natural, and nourishing shampoo and conditioners.
2. Massage your scalp to remove any dry, itchy skin.
3. Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair.
4. Consider using a leave-in conditioner to help hydrate your new growth because it may tend to be dry.
5. Keep heat styling to the minimum. Use the lowest heat setting when you do style your hair.
6. Chemical services still may be irritating to your scalp. Consult with your stylist to discuss when you can start using any type of treatment. For many, they wait about 6 months after their last treatment.
How You May Feel About Chemo Hair Loss
Hair loss can be difficult for most. You may be feeling self-conscious and vulnerable. Hair loss may be a visible reminder of your chemotherapy treatments. It may help to have a friend or family member go out in public with you. Plan ahead about how much you want to tell people. You don’t have to stay in a conversation that is uncomfortable to you. You could say “This is a difficult subject for me to talk about” to cut the conversation short.
To take the guesswork out of what are the best and safest products for your hair during your chemo hair loss and hair regrowth, Belegenza Natural Hair Care has created a package, and they’ve done all the work especially for your follicles to rally as soon as possible following your last chemo treatment. It’s the Chemo Feel Better Look Better Now package.
Your Trusted Brother and Sister Hair Growth Experts,
Alan & Cheryl
tags: Chemo Hair Loss, chemo hair thinning, hair regrowth after chemo, Chemo Hair Loss, chemo hair thinning, CHEMO HAIR LOSS
Authors Alan Eschenburg & Cheryl Wright
Chemo Hair Loss & Chemo Hair Thinning
FREE of “the nasties!”
What are the nasties?
- artificial dyes
- harmful sulfates(sls)
- …..and more!
PETA Certified (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)
( not just a cute logo…a prestigious stamp of approval!)
Fine hair? Tinted? Indescribable damage? If you have found yourself on the “TRY ANYTHING” wheel, it may be that silicone and synthetic products just can’t quite cover up the damage that has accumulated coupled with hormonal influences on the hair’s natural processes. As Belegenza begins to purify your hair from these slick cover-ups, the true damage may be revealed and for the first few applications, your hair may tangle, feel dry or more brittle. This is temporary, as the micro-conditioning agents make their way INTO the damage sites. Keep going. It’s temporary, and you’ll be glad you did! Not only that, we’re here to assist you through the process. You can always start the conversation with “Alan-bot” who should have already popped up to help! If not, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
*Information on this site is provided for informational & entertainment purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional.
The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals.
BELEGENZA LLC and KEITH ESCHENBURG INC is providing this site and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither BELEGENZA LLC and KEITH ESCHENBURG INC nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site.
This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This (these) product(s) is(are) not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, nor is any growth claimed. Individual results may vary.