Intro to the Ultimate Guide to Caring for Keratin Treated Hair
Keratin treated hair is the epitome of smoothness, shine, and manageability.
Whether you’ve just walked out of the salon with your brand-new keratin treatment or you’re looking to maintain the results of your previous treatment, proper care is essential.
In this guide, we’ll delve into the do’s and don’ts of caring for keratin treated hair, along with the recommended products to help you achieve the best results.
Understanding Keratin Treatment: Keratin is a protein that naturally exists in our hair, contributing to its strength and structure.
Keratin treatments, also known as Brazilian blowouts, involve infusing additional keratin into the hair shaft to repair damage, eliminate frizz, and enhance shine.
These treatments are a game-changer for many, but to make the most of your investment, you need to adopt a suitable hair care routine.
Ultimate Guide to Caring for Keratin Treated Hair
- Wait Before Washing: The first 48 hours post-treatment are crucial for allowing the keratin to set. Avoid combing, brushing, or wetting your hair during this time. Gently adjust your hair when needed, keeping movements delicate to prevent any potential harm. This allows the treatment to fully set and bond with your hair, ensuring long-lasting results.
- Use Sulfate-Free Shampoo: Invest in a high-quality sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Sulfates can strip away the keratin treatment faster, leading to shorter-lasting results. Look for products specifically designed for keratin treated hair. Recommended Product: IlLustrious Shampoo & Cleanser or GrowOUT Shampoo & Strengthener by Belegenza.
- Wash with Lukewarm Water: Hot water can open the hair cuticles and weaken the keratin bond. Opt for lukewarm water instead when washing your hair to prevent premature fading of the treatment.
- Gentle Drying: Pat your hair dry with a soft microfiber towel. Avoid vigorous rubbing, as this can lead to frizz and damage. If you use a hairdryer, set it to a lower heat setting to minimize heat damage. Apply a heat protectant spray before any heat styling. Recommended product: VirgINity Hair Repair by Belegenza.
- Avoid Chlorine and Saltwater: Chlorine and saltwater can strip away the keratin treatment and leave your hair dry and brittle. Before swimming, wet your hair with clean water and apply a leave-in conditioner to create a barrier. Recommended Product: EnCore Leave-in conditioner by Belegenza.
- Regular Maintenance: Depending on the type of keratin treatment you’ve had (express, formaldehyde-free, etc.), the effects can last anywhere from 2 to 6 months. Schedule regular touch-ups as recommended by your stylist to maintain the results.
- Deep Condition: 24 hours after your treatment, you can proceed with a deep conditioning treatment. Mix 5 oz of RoMANce Deep Conditioning Treatment with 2 oz of VirgINity Hair Repair by Belegenza. This blend will help fortify your hair’s weakened areas. Apply this mixture to the most fragile regions, generously covering them. Encase your hair in a plastic cap, allowing your natural body heat to aid absorption. Avoid external heat sources, as the porous hair can become weaker.
Conclusion to the Ultimate Guide to Caring for Keratin Treated Hair
Caring for keratin treated hair involves a blend of patience, mindful choices, and proper products.
By following the tips outlined in this guide and incorporating the recommended products, you can extend the life of your keratin treatment, ensuring that your hair remains deeply shiny, frizz-free, and stunning.
Remember, healthy hair is beautiful hair, so treat your locks with the care they deserve, and you’ll enjoy the benefits of your keratin treatment for months to come.
Get started now.
The perfect package: Best Natural Products for Keratin Straightened Hair
Get started now.
tags: keratin hair treatment, frizz-free,