Intro to Tips for Healthy Hair in Chlorine Environments
Today, we are going to talk about one of the most common problems faced by swimmers, hot tub, and water park enthusiasts – protecting your hair from chlorine damage and what is the real cause of the green cast that plagued blondes of yester-year.
Swimming is a fantastic exercise for your body, but it can wreak havoc on your hair if you don’t take the proper precautions.
Chlorine, the most common chemical used to disinfect the water, can strip your hair of its natural oils, leaving it dry, brittle, and prone to breakage.
Hot tubs can even cause your hair to become frizzy, along with being dry and brittle, due to the heat.
Why is it that we don’t see so much green casts in hair these days?
It has to do with the pipes!
Just because you don’t see the “green” does not mean cholorine is not wreaking havoc on your hair and skin.
Pool Chlorine (mostly calcium hypochlorite) and Bleach (sodium hypochlorite) are very similar and both release chlorine gas. As they kill bacteria and such from the water for a clean pool or clean white laundry, it is also causing a host of other difficulties for the hair. Think of it like when you bleach a towel repeatedly. It gets white, yet it also eats holes in the towel after a while.
Same with hair.
Tips for Healthy Hair in Chlorine Environments
But don’t worry, there are several things you can do to protect your hair from chlorine.
Here are some tips:
- Wet your hair before entering the water: Wetting your hair with fresh water before entering a pool or hot tub will reduce the amount of chlorine that can be absorbed by your hair. Your hair can only absorb so much water, so by saturating it with fresh water, it won’t be able to absorb as much chlorine.
- Wear a swim cap: Swim caps are an excellent way to protect your hair from chlorine water. They create a barrier between your hair and the water, preventing it from getting wet or coming into contact with chlorine.
- Use a conditioner or leave-in conditioner: Before swimming, apply and saturate your hair with a conditioner or leave-in conditioner. This will help to protect your hair from chlorine hair damage and keep it moisturized RoMANce Deep Conditioning Treatment, EnCore Leave-in Conditioner and SpotLite Shine Serum by Belegenza are perfect options.
- Rinse your hair after swimming: After swimming, rinse your hair thoroughly with fresh water. This will help to remove any chlorine that may have accumulated in your hair.
- Use a clarifying shampoo: Once a week, use a clarifying shampoo to remove any buildup of chlorine or other chemicals that may have accumulated in your hair. This will help to keep your hair healthy and free of chlorine hair damage. TransFix Shampoo by Belegenza is a perfect option.
Avoid using hot tools: Hot tools like blow dryers and flat irons can further damage your hair if it’s already exposed to chlorine or hot tub water. Instead, air dry your hair or use a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer.
Conclusion to Tips for Healthy Hair in Chlorine Environments: Chlorine Hair Damage Green Mystery Solved
Swimming, sitting in hot tubs, and water parks can be fun and beneficial, but it’s essential to take care of your hair to prevent damage.
By following these tips, you can protect your hair and keep it healthy, shiny, and beautiful.
So, go ahead and enjoy your time in the water without worrying about damaging your hair.
And, in case you are still wondering what the green cast is really about, it was due to the copper pipes. That was more prevalent in plumbing decades ago. Now, PVC pipes are more common, thus less copper floating and recirculating in the pools and tubs.
Think of our magnificient Statue of Liberty!
She’s made of copper, and what color is she?
Oxidized copper turns green every time, and that’s what was absorbing into the shattered chlorine ravaged hair…especially the ends, giving that green ghoulish cast to the hair!
But just in case, if there is still copper in your chlorinated water, we’ve got your hair filled from the core with incredible conditioners that will keep that copper at bay and you’ll emerge with better hair than ever!
Get started now, and have it all!
Your Trusted Brother and Sister Safe Hair Growth Experts,
Alan & Cheryl
tags: 5 Tips-Hair in Chlorine: Mysterious Green Chlorine Hair Damage Solved, chlorine hair damage, chlorine hair damage prevented,
6 Tips-Hair in Chlorine: Mysterious Green Chlorine Hair Damage Solved